Tuesday 24 January 2012

Urban Decay Naked Pallets

After seeing many reviews and makeup tutorials using the original Naked pallet, I bought one from Debenhams and fell in love with it. And when I heard that they Urban Decay were bringing out a 2nd Naked pallet I was really excited!! I bought the Naked 2 pallet a few weeks ago and it did not disappoint.
     To start with, packaging; both of the pallets are lovely and sleek and a good size for traveling. I personally prefer the packaging for the Naked 2, although i know some people disagree. The original pallet has a small magnet holding it shut, but the new pallet snaps shut (I think) more securely. Also although the original packaging looks lovely, the material gets dirty and gets stuff stuck to it alot easier, while the new pallet doesn't have this problem at all.
Original Naked Pallet: Colours from left to right; Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal.














Naked 2 Pallet: Colours left to right; Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted and Blackout.






Like all Urban Decay eyeshadows all 24 of these are beautiful, and have fantastic colour payoff and they are all extremely wearable. The original pallet comes with a dual ended 24/7 eyeliner pencil in the colours Zero and Whiskey, and a mini eyeshadow primer potion. The Naked2 pallet comes with a dual ended brush, one flat brush for packing on product, and one a fluffy brush good for blending. It also comes with a mini Lip Junkie gloss; although I like this product, I feel like being an eyeshadow pallet it should have maybe another mini primer potion, or another eye product.

Overall I think that both of these pallets are fantastic quality, with a great variety of colours, (Halfbaked does appear in both, but as it's a beautiful colour I don't mind having 2!) and at £35 each for 12 beautiful colours, plus extras, I also think they are great value for money. Thanks for reading guys :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment